Vanga Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine prepared from Tin. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of obesity, premature ejaculation, anemia, asthma etc. This medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
Table of Contents
- It is light to digest, salt, astringent, coolant in nature, dry.
- Improves taste, skin complexion and intelligence, strength and immunity.
- It is used in the treatment of vomiting, anorexia, non healing wounds, helminthiasis, premature ejaculation, noctural emission, cough, cold, bronchitis, asthma, emaciation, weight loss, and chronic bronchial diseases.
- Excellent in all urinary disorders and is good in gonorrhoea, strained micturition and diabetes, and develops virility and strength.
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Kapha.
Chemical composition: Tin – Sn.
Dosage and Diet
125 – 250 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with Guduchi kashaya (Tinospora decoction), Guduchi Satva, Honey, Ghee, Turmeric.
All pungent items like hot items, chillies and tamarind are to be avoided.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- Over-dosage may cause severe side effects and gastritis.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Bang Bhasma preparation, ingredients, how to make:
Vanga Bhasma is prepared from purified Tin. There are many different methods of preparation. Any one method can be used. Here is one such method.
Purified Tin pieces are taken in a big Iron pan, melted. It is added with Apamarga (Achyranthes aspera) and Ashwattha (Ficus religiosa) powder, and ground well.
This powder ground with Aloe vera juice / Asparagus juice extract and disc shaped cakes are prepared, dried and burnt in the absence of air in a closed container in 600 – 700 degree celsius. This process is repeated for seven times.
Reference and Manufacturers
Rasamrita 3/88 – 94
Manufacturers: Uma Ayurvedics pvt. Ltd. Dabur, Divya Pharmacy, Shree Dhootapapeshwar Ltd.
Ayurvedic medicines with Vanga Bhasma as ingredient: