Yogendra Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine, with herbal and mineral ingredients, in tablet form. It is used in treating neuro-muscular conditions and diabetes. It is also called as Yogendra Rasa. This medicine is used more in North Indian Ayurvedic treatment method and should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
- It acts as a catalyst (Yogavahi) when administered along with other medicines.
- Hence it is used in wide variety of conditions.
- It is used to treat diabetes, diseases related to urinary tract, frequent urination.
- It is also used to treat fistula, piles, epilepsy, psychotic conditions, paralysis.
- It relieves abdominal colic, gastritis, eye diseases.
- It helps to strengthen nerves and muscles.
- It is also a natural aphrodisiac.
- Useful in paralysis associated with diabetes and cardiac disorders.
- Useful in diabetic neuropathy
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Vata and Pitta
125 mg to 250 mg – 1 – 2 tablets once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
This medicine is traditionally administered along with Triphala kashaya (decoction), milk or water with little sugar.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- It is to be avoided in children and pregnant ladies.
- Make sure to select this medicine from a good company.
- Overdosage may cause side effects like tremors, dizziness etc.
Many companies promote this product as – Yogendra Ras with GOLD. It is not a big deal, because, this product already contains Gold bhasma as an ingredient. If Gold Bhasma is not there in it, it can not be called as Yogendra Ras.
Divya Pharmacy of Baba Ramdev calls this same medicine as Divya
Parada – Purified and processed Mercury – 10 grams
Gandhaka – Purified and processed sulphur – 10 grams – Together called as Rasasindhur.
Loha Bhasma – Iron Bhasma – 5 grams
Swarna Bhasma – Gold Bhasma – 5 grams
Abhraka Bhasma – Purified and processed Silica – 5 grams
Shuddha Mukta – Purified and processed Pearl – 5 grams
Vanga bhasma – Bhasma of tin – 5 grams
The fine powder of above ingredients is ground well with Aloe vera juice and tablets are prepared.
Reference and Manufacturer
Bhaishajya Ratnavali, Vatavyadhi Chikitsa 26/198-202
Manufacturers of Yogendra Rasa:
- Uma Ayurvedics Pvt. Ltd.
- Divya Pharmacy calls this same product as Divya Yogendra Ras
How long to continue?
It can be continued as per doctor’s advice for 4 – 6 weeks of time.