Abana Tablet is It is one of the effective medicines for variety of heart related disorders such as high cholesterol, cardiac pain etc. It is a proprietary Ayurvedic medicine manufactured by Himalaya Herbals Pvt. Limited, Bangalore.
Benefits of Abana Tablet:
Maintenance of blood cholesterol levels:
It normalizes lipid profile- Lowers low density lipoprotein cholesterol [LDL], very low density lipoprotein cholesterol [VLDL] and triglycerides levels. These are also called bad lipids.
It increases the high density lipoprotein cholesterol [HDL] levels – good lipids. The herbs such as Guggulu, Amla, Ashwagandha, Mukta Pishti are very useful in this regard.
Its main ingredients – Ashwagandha, Mukta Pishti, Guduchi, Bhringaraja and Arjuna are very effective in high BP management. Hence, Abana is very useful in hypertensive patients.
Read related: Hypertension: Causes, Types, Symptoms, Ayurvedic Treatment
Ashwagandha is a very good anti stress herb. Hence, Abana is very useful in treating stress related disorders such as hypertension, obesity etc.
Inhibits platelet aggregation-
Its ingredients – Dashamoola – group of 10 roots and Punarnava are very good blood thinning herbs. Hence, abana reduces abnormal platelet adhesion and aggregation. This is very useful to prevent heart attacks, and also cerebrovascular conditions, which require the inhibition of platelet aggregation. Mukta Pishti, Akika pishti, Guggulu are very useful in bringing about this action.
Effect on Tridosha
Effect on Tridosha:
Balances mainly Kapha and Pitta Dosha, especially Sadhaka Pitta.
Duration of use
How long can Abana be taken?
If prescribed by the doctor, it can be taken for several months time.
Ingredients of Abana Tablet:
Each Abana tablet contains extracts of-
- Arjuna [Terminalia arjuna] – 20 mg –Can you imagine an herb which is anti oxidant, reduces cholesterol, reduces BP and useful in diabetes, all at the same time? – Terminalia arjuna it is.
- Ashwagandha [Withania somnifera] – 20 mg – It is one of the most powerful gifts of nature and Ayurveda to the humanity. Talk about Ayurvedic treatment for anxiety, leucoderma, depression, insomnia, weight gain, weight loss, immunity, muscle strength, body building, anti oxidants, sexual stimulant and so on… The herb does it all and more.
- Badranj boya [Nepeta hindostana] – 20 mg
- Dashamoola – 10 mg – group of 10 roots. Very effective anti inflammatory set of herbs. It reduces swelling and inflammation.
- Guduchi [Tinospora cordifolia] – 10 mg – a famous immuno-modulator herb, used extensively in treatment for fever, diabetes, urinary tract disorders, anemia, jaundice, asthma, cardiac disorders, etc.
- Amalaki [Embelica officinalis] – 10 mg – rich in Vitamin C, a natural anti oxidant.
- Haritaki [Terminalia chebula] – 10 mg
- Bringaraja [Eclipta alba] – 10 mg
- Yastimadhu [Glycyrrhiza glabra] – 10 mg
- Shatavari [Asperagus racemosus] – 10 mg
- Punarnava [Boerhaavia diffusa] – 10 mg
- Guggulu [Commiphora mukul] – 30 mg- It effectively lowers triglyceride levels, total cholesterol levels and free fatty acid levels, through liver lipolysis [the breakdown of lipids in the liver], increased fecal bile acid excretion, inhibiting the bio-synthesis of hepatic cholesterol [production of cholesterol in the liver] and inhibiting the oxidation of LDL.
- Shilajitu [Asphaltum] – 20 mg
- Shankhapushpi [Convolvulus pluricaulis] – 10 mg
- Mandukaparni [Centella asiatica] – 10 mg
- Vishnupriya [Ocimum sanctum] – 10 mg
- Jatamamsi [Myristica fragrans] – 10 mg
- Pippali [Piper longum] – 10 mg
- Yavani [Carum copticum] – 10 mg
- Shunti [Zingiber officinale] – 10 mg
- Nagapashana bhasma – 10 mg
- Shankha bhasma – 10 mg
- Makaradhwaja – 10 mg
- Musta [Cyperus rotendus] – 5 mg
- Vacha [Acorus calamus] – 5 mg
- Vidanga [Embelica ribes] – 5 mg
- Lavanga [Syzygium aromaticum] – 5 mg
- Jyothishmati [Celestrus paniculatus] – 5 mg
- Chandana [Santalum album] – 5 mg
- Ela [Elettaria cardamomum] – 5 mg
- Shatapushpa [Foeniculum vulgare] – 5 mg
- Shatapatrika [Rosa damascena] – 5 mg
- Twak patra [Cinnamomum tamala] – 5 mg
- Abhraka bhasma – 5 mg
- Mukta pisti – 5 mg
- Akika pisti – 5 mg
- Yeshab pisti – 5 mg
- Yakut pisti – 5 mg
- Pravala pisti – 5 mg
- Kumkuma [Crocos sativus] – 2 mg
- Gojihva [Onosma bracteatum]
- Amalaki [Embelica officinalis]
- Mandukaparni [Centella asiatica]
- Shatapatri [Rosa damascena]
- Kamala [Nelumbium speciosum]
- Dadima [Punica granatum]
- Sevam [Pyrus mallus]
- Shankhapushpi [Convolvulus pluricaulis]
- Shatavari [Asperagus racemosus]
- Kumari [Aloe vera]
- Badranj boya [Nepeta hindostana]
- Tulasi [Ocimum sanctum]
- Shatapushpa [Foeniculum vulgare]
- Ushira [Vetiveria zizanioides]
- Garijara [Daucus carota]
Indication of Abana Tablet:
Dyslipidaemia [high cholesterol & triglycerides].
Mild to moderate hypertension.
Cardio-vascular & cerebro-vascular conditions requiring the inhibition of platelet aggregation.
As an adjuvant in the therapy of angina, and in patients with cardiac risk factors.
Dosage of Abana Tablet:
Dyslipidaemia- 2 tablets twice daily till the lipid levels are normalized, followed by 1 tablet twice
daily as maintenance dose.
Other conditions- 2 tablets twice daily, followed by 1 tablet twice daily as maintenance dose.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
Side effects, package
Side effects of Abana Tablet:
Care should be exercised in administering Abana in people with high BP. This itself can reduce BP and over dosage or doubling with another BP medication may lead to lowered BP.
For this reason, it is best for the people with high BP to take this medicine under medical supervision.
There are no recorded side effects with this medicine.
Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Store in a cool dry place.
Over-dosage may lead to slight burning sensation and lowered BP. Consult your doctor immediately, in such cases.
Presentation & Package: Bottle of 60 tablets.
Along with other medicines
Is Abana fine to take along with other BP medicines like Divya Mukta Vati?
If your doctor has advised it with other medicines like Divya Mukta vati, only then, you can take the combination. Because it can lower BP, self medication on your own with Abana tablet and other Ayurvedic medicines should be strictly avoided.