Nidd Forte Tablet is a proprietary Ayurvedic medicine manufactured by ALOPA HERBALS pharmaceuticals, Bhuvanagiri, Bangalore. Used in treatment of non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus.
Management of type-2 diabetes as a monotherapy in mild cases, along with existing oral hypoglycemic agents, diet and exercise and for the treatment of poly cystic ovarian syndrome Nidd Forte is useful.
Uses of Nidd Forte Tablet:
- It contains Karavellaka, which is a potent hypoglycemic, regulates blood sugar levels, lipid lowering agent and keeps body functions operating normally.
- Meshashringi in Nidd Forte contains Gymnemic acid, which has anti-diabetic action. It diminishes excess blood sugar levels, decreases the craving for sugar.
- Tulasi increases physical and mental endurance, lowers blood sugar levels, improves glucose tolerance, potentiates the action of exogenously injected insulin and also exhibits antibacterial/anti-infective action.
Composition of Nidd Forte Tablet:
- Amalaki (Embelica officinale)- 300 mg- vitamin C supplement, carminative, antioxidant.
- Asana (Pterocarpus marsupium) – 100 mg- hypoglycemic, astringent.
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) – 100 mg- diuretic.
- Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) – 100 mg- carminative, antioxidant.
- Haridra – Turmeric (Curcuma longa)– 100 mg- antibacterial, antioxidant.
- Jambu (Eugenia jambulena)- 150 mg- hypoglycemic, astringent.
- Karavellaka (Momordica charantia)- 200 mg- hypoglycemic.
- Kiratathikta (Swertia chirayta)- 20 mg- tonic, antioxidant.
- Meshashringi (Gymnema sylvestris)- 300 mg- reduces blood glucose level.
- Methi (Trigonella foenumgraecum)- 100 mg- hypoglycemic, tonic.
- Nimba (Azadirachta indica)- 100 mg- bitter tonic, astringent.
- Shuddha shilajithu (Purified asphaltum)- 25 mg- diuretic, antioxidant.
- Tulasi (Ocimum sanctum)- 100 mg- anti-infective.
- Yashada bhasma – Zinc ash – 50 mg- controls infection.
Indication of Nidd Forte Tablet:
- Management of non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus as a monotherapy in mild cases,.
- For the treatment of polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Dosage of Nidd Forte Tablet:
- Patients with PPBS up to 180 mg/dl- 1 tablet twice daily, half an hour before meals.
- Patients with PPBS >180 mg/dl- 2 tablets twice daily, half an hour before meals with other oral anti diabetic drug in initial stages.
- In PCOS- 2 tablets twice daily, for 3-6 months.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
Package size & Price:
Box of 10*10 tablets.