Yashad Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine prepared from Zinc. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of eye disorders, diabetes, anemia, cough, asthma etc. This medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
- It is astringent, coolant and pungent in nature.
- It is used in the treatment of eye disorders, anemia, diabetes, cough, cold, bronchitis, asthma, night sweating, non healing wounds, menorrhagia, tremors.
- Efficacious in gonorrhoea and urinary constraint.
- Specially effective in epilepsy, vata and grahani.
Doctors also prescribe Yasad Bhasm for the treatment of
Hair fall, baldness treatment
Diarrhea in children
Delayed wound healing
To Boost immune system,
Treat common cold
Recurrent ear infection,
To avoid or to treat asthma, bronchitis, cold, cough.
Skin diseases, allergy
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Kapha and Pitta.
Chemical composition: Zinc – Zn
125 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with honey, Tinospora (giloya) decoction, Trikatu Kashaya
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- Over-dosage may cause severe side effects.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Yashada Bhasma preparation, ingredients, how to make:
Purified Zinc pieces are made into fine powder by grinding, it is melted in an Iron vessel and added with powder of Apamarga (Achyranthes aspera) and ground well. This powder is ground with Aloe vera juice and disc shaped cakes are prepared and subjected to 800 – 900 degree Celsius, in the absence of air, for 4 – 5 hours. This process of grinding with aloe vera and heating is repeated for seven times.
Reference and Manufacturers
Ras Tarangini 19/95
Research article: Role of Zinc in Myopia
Manufacturers: Uma Ayurvedics pvt. Ltd. Dabur, Divya Pharmacy, Dindayal Industries Ltd.
Ayurvedic medicines with Yashad Bhasm as ingredient:
Trivang Bhasma, Clarina anti acne cream, Diabecon, Eve Care, Geriforte (Himalaya Drug Company), Motilact capsule (Atrimed Pharmaceuticals)
Endopile Capsule – Manufactured by Santhigiri Pharmaceuticals, used for the treatment of bleeding type of hemorrhoids.
GP Ointment manufactured by Zen Labs Ltd. It is an anti-infective skin preparation.