Vaikranta Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine prepared from Tourmaline. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of anemia, ascites, fever, asthma, diabetes etc. This medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
- It is excellent anti aging medicine.
- Improves strength, immunity, skin complexion, digestion power, and acts as natural aphrodisiac.
- It is used as a substitute to Heera Bhasma (diamond bhasma).
- It is useful in treating diabetes, asthma, bronchitis, chronic respiratory diseases, chornic fever, liver conditions, ascites, anemia, poisoning, chronic cough etc.
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Tourmaline. Contains traces of aluminium, iron, magnesium, sodium, lithium, or potassium.
62.5 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with honey.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- Over-dosage may cause severe side effects and gastritis.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Vaikranta Bhasma preparation, ingredients, how to make:
It is prepared from purified Vaikranta. There are many different methods of preparation. Any one method can be used. Here is one such method.
Purified Vaikranta is added with equal quantities of purified sulphur, and lemon juice, ground well. disc shaped cakes are prepared, heated in absence of air in 800 – 900 degree celsius. This process is repeated for 8 times to obtain Tourmaline Bhasma.
Reference and Manufacturers
Ras Ratnasamucchaya 2/55-56, 62
Manufacturers: Divya Pharmacy, Dabur
Ayurvedic medicines with Vaikranta Bhasma as ingredient:
Trailokya Chintamani Rasa, navaratna Raja mriganka Rasa