Indukantham kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine in water decoction form. It is mainly used in treating fever and abdominal disorders. It is also known as Indukantam kashayam.
Indukantham Kashayam benefits:
- It is used in the Ayurvedic treatment of fever.
- It relieves abdominal bloating, gaseous distention, gulma.
- It relieves abdominal pain, improves digestion.
- It is nourishing in nature, improves strength and immunity. The name signifies this makes one as handsome as moon.
- Useful in stomach pain, nausea (vomiting sensation)
- Chronic gastritis, GERD, gastric and duodenal ulcer
- A research conducted on Indukantam kashayam detected carbohydrates, phenols and saponins that act as anti oxidant and against inflammation (1).
Effect on diabetic patients:
Diabetic patients can take Indukanta kashayam tablet. It lowers blood sugar level to a small extent.
Indukantham kashayam, Indukantham kashaya, Indukantha Kashaya,Indukantham kashayam.
This medicine is also available in syrup form called as Indukantham syrup
Effect on Tridosha – Calms Vata Dosha.
Dose and Adjuvant
Indukantha kashaya dosage:
- 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- If the kashayam is concentrated, then it needs to be mixed with equal quantity of water and should be taken.
- Some companies such as AVN Ayurveda Formulations Pvt. Ltd manufacture this in tablet form called Indukantham Kashayam tablet.
- Dosage of such kashayam tablet is – 2 tablets 2 times a day before food or as directed by doctor.
- Indukantham syrup dose is quite similar to Kashayam dose.
It is also available in tablet form.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
- There are no recorded side effects of this product in the said dose.
- In very high dose, it may worsen gastritis.
Indukantham kashayam Ingredients:
It is actually prepared from the herbal ingredients of Indukantham ghee
It is prepared from the following herbal powder mixture –
- Putika -Holoptelea integrifolia
- Daru – Cedrus deodara
- Dashamoola – group of ten herbs –
- Bilva – Aegle marmelos
- Agnimantha – Premna mucronata
- Shyonaka – Oroxylum indicum
- Patala – Stereospermum suaveolens
- Gambhari – Gmelina arborea
- Brihati – Solanum indicum
- Kantakari – Solanum xanthocarpum
- Gokshura – Tribulus terrestris
- Shalaparni – Desmodium gangeticum
- Prishnaparni – Uraria picta
- Pippali fruit and root- Long pepper – Piper longum
- Chavya -Piper chaba Hunter / brachystachyum
- Chitraka – Plumbago zeylanica
- Nagara – Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
- Yavakshara – Kshara of Hordeum vulgare
Indukantham Kashayam – Ayurvedic Tonic for Healthy Digestion
Shloka- Sanskrit verse
Reference and Manufacturers
Indukantham kashayam reference:
Sahasrayoga, Ghrita Prakarana, 4
Companies that manufacture Indukantham kashayam –
AVN Ayurveda Formulations Pvt. Ltd
KS Varier’s Ashtanga Ayurvedics Pvt. Ltd
Nagarjuna – Indukaantham Kashaayam, Indukaantham Kashaayam Tablet
35 thoughts on “Indukantham Kashayam – Benefits, Dosage, Ingredients, Side Effects, Reference”
What is the difference between action of sudarshan ghanvati and indukantham kashayam? Both seem to act against fever.
Indukantam is generally used when fever originates from bad eating – stomach / intestinal origin. Sudarshan ghanvati is commonly used in viral fevers.
Thanks Dr Hebbar for an excellent explanation.
I have a few more questions on this topic:
1) What about sanjeevani vati which can also be used for fever. can it be used to replace indukantham kashayam?
2) Are there any good proprietary ayurvedic med that are good for fever?
Wonderful Explanations Doctor!! Thank you and God bless you and your loved ones!! God bless you and your great work!
Hi Sir,shall I use indukantham kwatham tablet for mandagni and what is the dosage?Please reply as soon as possible.
how much time to gap between intake of syrup and food.?
20 – 30 minutes
i have aggravated vata and pitta dosha . doctor has prescribed me this for irritable bowel syndrome and acid reflux. doesnt it aggravate pitta?
Sir can this be given for reflux oesophagitis?
Indukantam kwatham is same than indukantam kashayam?
Is Hamsapadiadi Kashayam or Indukanthnam Kashayam better for ulcerative colitis?
Is shankh vati/mahashankhvati good for mandagni /IBS?
I affected by fever for last 8 days.
Bliss test done on 03oct platelet level is 1.84 lakes, today again checked the same and it was 1.85lakhs
Indigestively I took allopathy treatment last two days but not cleared.
Today I went with one Siddha Doctor an explained all this and gave the indhukantham kasayam, thromb up and small tablets.
I would like have your views
Hi, it looks like the Siddha doctor’s prescripion appears correct. Please continue that alongside allopathic treatment.
It is useful in the said condition. Please go ahead with your doctor’s advice.
Sir, what ayurvedic medicine is best for treating overgrowth of staphylococcus bacteria , infection is in mouth
please suggest some strong ayurvedic medicine
Hi Sir,I have seen on kashayam bottle to dilute with boiled and cooled water.Why is it important to dilute with boiled and cooled water?What is the importance of boiled and cooled water?
1. Just to avoid any microbe contamination.
2. Kashaya is prepared with heat processing. Hence, the water, if heated, helps in better digestion and absorption of kashaya.
Hi, if you have found relief from gastritis, you can take only kamdudha ras and acidocid for 1 more month and then stop them.
I have ulceative colitis for last one year.currently i used inthukandakritham and indhukand ghee mixed in hot water. Also take astasuram during meals as ayurvedic doctor advice. Shall i continue this medicine.
Indukantam kashwam tablet is prescribed for my chronic gastritis,GERD, do this help me? Please leave your suggestion
thank u sir
Hi sir,shall I take indukantham kwatham tablets with ghee for only vata abdominal disorders?Please reply.
Is this useful for stomach Ulcer with Anthra Kutaram Gulika
Hellow doctor, thismedicine is prescribed for heavy stomach. Since course of daily 1 tab after lunch 1 tab after dinner completed, no benefit found. Please advice for use of the medicine or else.Thanks.
Please continue it for at least 2 – 3 weeks time.
Hi iam having severe acne on my face. Dr prescriped me indukantham kadaysm and aclear. This is 1st time iam having ayur Is it work is it ckear my acne?
Yes, useful. Please go ahead.
Indukantham kashayam is used in gastritis and ulcers. What ingredients in this make it pitta pacifying ?
It does not balance down Pitta. Thanks. Corrected.
Sir,Which pharma is best for Indukantham kasayam?
Kerala Ayurveda, pentacare, AVN, AVP, Kottakkal are good.
Is it calm down pitta dosha