Cervigest capsule is an proprietary Ayurvedic medicine manufactured by Kerala Ayurveda Limited. It is used to treat cervical spondylosis, muscular spasm, stiffness etc mainly related to head, neck, shoulders and arms. It mainly provides comprehensive cervical spine care.
Stiffness of neck and back
Neck pain radiating to lower back, hands
Muscular spasms at neck and back
Inflammatory and degenerative changes in inter vertebral discs
Strengthens Para-vertebral muscles of neck
Salient features of Cervigest Capsule
This capsule is formulated using an ancient Ayurvedic technique called Avarthana. It is a method of processing the herbal oil repeatedly with herbs. This method improves the concentration of the phyto-chemicals in the product. This helps in en-capsuling the large amount of medicinal herbs in smallest dose possible.
Cervigest capsule inspired from a combination of ancient Ayurvedic oils – Kubjaprasarini taila and Kethakimuladi Tailam which are traditionally indicated in musculoskeletal and neurological disorders.
- Dhanyamlam (Liquid) 600 ml prepared of
– Tandula (Oryza sativa) -seed – 3 g
– Pridhikam (Oryza sativa) – seed – 3 g
– Kulatha (Dolichos biflorus) – seed – 3 g
– Laaja (Oryza sativa) – seed – 12 g
– Ajmoda (Apium graveolens) – fruit – 2.4 g
– Sunthi (Zingiber officinale) – roots – 2.4 g
– Thina (Panicum italicum) – seed – 3 g
– Kodrava (Paspalum scorbiculatum) – seed – 3 g
– Nimbu (Citrus limon) – lemon – fruit – 0.15 nos.
- Decoction of –
– Prasaarani (Meremmia tridentata) – plant – 180 mg
– Bala (Sida cordifolia) – roots – 384 mg
– Ketaki (Pandanus tectorius) – roots – 192 mg
- Paste of –
– Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanicum) – roots – 11.5 mg
– Pippalimool (Piper longum) – fruit – 11.5 mg
– Yashtimadhu (Glycyrrhiza glabra) – roots – 11.5 mg
– Saindav (Rock salt) – powder – 11.5 mg
– Bala (Sida cordifolia) – roots – 11.5 mg – Used widely in a variety of Ayurvedic medicines and oils to improve strength of bones, muscles and joints.
– Prasaarani (Meremmia tridentata) – plant – 11.5 mg – Mainly used in vata disorders. Helps to relieve pain, inflammation and stiffness.
– Satahua (Anethum sowa) – fruit – 11.5 mg
– Devadaru (Cedrus deodara) heart wood – 11.5 mg
– Raasna (Alpinia officinarum) – roots – 11.5 mg – used in general debility, joint pain, swelling, indigestion, cough, gout etc
– Gajapippali (Balanophora fungosa) – roots – 11.5 mg
– Jadamamsi (Nardostachys jatamamsi) – roots – 11.5 mg
– Raktachandana (Pterocarpus santalinus) heart wood – 11.5 mg
- Godhadi (Curd Lq.) 0.3 ml
- Ksheera (Milk Lq.) 1.2 ml
- Sesame oil (Sesamum indicum) 0.6 ml
1- 2 capsules per day or as directed by doctor.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
Side effects of Cervigest Capsule
There are no known side effects with this medicine.
However, it is best to use this medicine under medical supervision.
Store in a cool dry place, away from sunlight.
Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Kerala Ayurveda Limited