Rasnadi ghritam is a herbal medicated ghee formulation used for the treatment of rheumatoid arthrits and Vata related disorders associated with pain.
Uses of Rasnadi Ghritam:
- Widely used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
- It is very good in vata
- Bursitis trochanterica,
- Shoulder dislocation pain
- Post viral fever, when the patient complains of body, muscle and joint pains
It is useful to promote strength of
bones and joints.
It acts as an excellent anti inflammatory and analgesic medicine.
It is used for the treatment of ankle pain, ankle twitch, slipped disc, sprain, back spasm, backache, back injury, stiffness of muscles, Coccyx pain
Partially useful in (other medications might be required)
Sensory-neural hearing loss
Pain related to SLE
Avoid deep fried foods, heavy-to-digest non veg foods, fast foods and aerated drinks, smoking and excess alcohol. These can irritate stomach and intestinal lining. These also may increase Tridosha.
In this herbal ghee, the herbs are infused in the medium of ghee along with herb water decotion. Then the solid waste herb materials are filtered out. Thus, this herbal ghee contains oil soluble and water soluble phyto-active principles of medicinal herbs.
Ingredients of Rasnadi Ghritha:
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata)
- Tamalaki (Phylanthus niruri)
- Vrisha (Adathoda vasica)
- Agaru (Aquillaria agallocha)
- Shati (Hedychium spicatum)
- Chitra (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Abda (Cyperus rotendus)
- Chavya (Piper cubeba)
- Ashmabhit (Aerva lanata)
- Darvi (Berberis aristata)
- Bharangi (Clerodendron serratum)
- Patola (Tricosanthes dioica)
- Pushkara (Inula racemosa)
- Nisa (Curcuma longa)
- Saireya (Barleria prionitis)
- Vishwa (Zingiber officinale)
- Agni (Plumbago zeylanica)
- Bilva (Aegle marmelos)
- Shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum)
- Gambhari (Gmelina arborea)
- Patala (Stereospermum suaveolens)
- Agnimantha (Premna mucronata)
- Shaliparni (modium gangeticum)
- Prishnaparni (Uraria picta)
- Brihati (Solanum indicum)
- Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum)
- Gokshura (Tribulis terrestris)
- Daru (Cedrus deodara)
It is added with 8 parts of water, boiled and reduced to quarter part and filtered.
Dose, shelf life
Dosage of Rasnadi Ghritam:
1/2- 1tea spoon followed by warm water, once or twice daily on empty stomach. Or as directed by the physician.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
Shelf life of Rasnadi Ghritham:
2 years from the date of manufacture.
Reference, manufacturer, package
Manufacturer: Arya Vaidya Sala, Kottakkal.
Presentation: Jar pack of 150 gm.
Side effects, precautions
There are no known side effects with this medicine. Over dosage may cause impaired digestion.
Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Store in a cool dry place.