Somna tablet promotes normal and restful sleep pattern. It is an Ayurvedic proprietary medicine manufsctured by Bipha Drugs Laboratories, Kottayam.
Emotional and psychological issue have a major impact on over-all health and the ageing process.
Stress leads to anxiety and weakness. The various factors responsible are frustration, anger etc. distress must be controlled or it may lead to many psychosomatic disorders.
The apt and safest Ayurvedic product doctors can advise in confidence for the patients for the relief of anxiety, tension, weakness, fatigue, poor memory and sexual debility is Somna. It is also a well-known remedy for insomnia and stress.
Uses of Somna Tablet:
- Provides anti-oxidants and vitamin sources.
- Has adaptogenic and anti-oxidant properties to withstand stress and tension while improving memory and immunity.
- Promotes normal and restful sleep pattern.
- With analoids in Ashwagandha regulates hormonal imbalance; by bringing the precursor to melatonin.
- Regular usage balances the natural sleep cycle without harmful side effects, perfect to restore tranquility and serenity.
- Helps to reduce the level of tribulin, an endogenous mono amine oxidize inhibitor, that is elevated in various levels of anxiety.
- Completely safe.
- Used for insomnia and stress.
- It is useful in removing weakness after illness and during convalescence.
- It is very effective in mental weakness, deficient memory and weak heart etc.
Ingredients & Composition of Somna Tablet:
Click on the ingredient name to know more about the herb
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)-100 mg- is tonic, alterative, astringent, aphrodisiac and nervine sedative.
- Daruharidra (Berberis aristata)- 10 mg- is tonic, astringent and alterative.
- Musali (Curculigo orchioides)- 50 mg- as this contains a good deal of mucilage and they are used as alterative and tonic during convalescence.
- Vacha (Acorus calamus)- 5 mg- helps to improve appetite, clears urine and stool.
- Somalatha (Ruta graveolens)- 10 mg- is known to be a powerful aphrodisiac and abortificant to pregnant women.
- Brahmi (Bacopa Monnieri)– 10 mg- used with very satisfactory results in asthma, nervous break down etc.
- Chitrak – Leadwort (Plumbago rosea)- 10 mg- alterative, gastric stimulant and appetizer. It has specific action on uterus.
- Sariva – Indian Sarsaparilla root (Hemidesmus indicus) – 10 mg
Dose: 2 tablets twice daily, or as recommended by the physician.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
Diet To Follow
Have more of Ghee, coconut oil, Sunflower seed, almond,
taro root, flaxseed oil, soyabean, pistachio,
Broccoli, carrots, chard, nuts, papaya, pumpkin, red peppers
Flax seeds, walnut, tofu, brussel sprout, cauliflower, winter squash, fish oil, egg oil, krill oil, chia seeds, camelia are fine to take.
Diet To avoid:
There are no diet restrictions. Please avoid all types of junk foods, excessive non veg foods, try to avoid or limit alcohol and smoking. Avoid aerated drinks.
Please prefer homemade food wherever possible.
Side effects, package, shelf life
Side effects of Somna Tablet:
- There are no recorded side effects with this medicine.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Presentation & Storage:
- Bottle of 90 tablets.
- Should be stored in a cool and dry place.
Shelf life: 3 years from the date of manufacture.
this medicine habit forming? Does it create dependence? Can we stop it after a
few months of usage?
This medicine is not habit forming. After using for the prescribed period, your doctor would gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it. Follow your doctor’s instructions for gradual decrease of dose and stopping. Usually it does not cause any ill effects.
20 Simple Ayurveda Sleep Tips On How To Sleep Better