Vidangadi Lauh is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet or powder form. It is mainly used in the treatment of intestinal worms (helminthiasis), anorexia etc. This medicine is more commonly used in North Indian Ayurvedic practice. This medicine should only be used under medical supervision.
Vidangadi Lauh Uses:
- It can be used as a source of Iron, since it contains Iron calx (Bhasma) as ingredient.
- It is used in the treatment of anorexia, helminthiasis, gastro enteritis, inflammatory diseases, abdominal colic pain, fever, hiccup, cough and bronchitis.
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Pitta and Rakta.
Vidangadi Lauh dosage:
250 mg – 500 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is usually administered along with sugar, honey, ghee, milk.
How long to take?
This medicine can be safely taken for a period of upto 2-4 months.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
Vidangadi Lauha side effects:
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- Accidental overdose in children may cause poisonous effects.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause side effects like burning sensation in stomach.
- Pregnant ladies, lactating mothers and children should take this medicine strictly under medical supervision.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Vidangadi Loh ingredients, how to make:
10 g fine powder of each of
Shuddha Parada – Herbal purified Mercury
Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur
Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
Jatiphala – Nutmeg (fruit) – Myristica fragrans
Lavanga – Clove – Syzygium aromaticum
Shunti – Ginger Rhizome – Zingiber officinalis
Kana – Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
Tankana Bhasma – Borax
Loha Bhasma – Bhasma prepared from Iron – 90 g
Vidanga – False black pepper – Embelia ribes – 180 g
Rasendra Sara Sangraha, Krumi Chikitsa 26 – 28