Kaphaketu Rasa is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It is used in the treatment of rhinitis, cough, cold, Asthma etc. This medicine contains Aconite, hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- It is used in the treatment of cough, cold, rhinitis, bronchitis, asthma, diseases of teeth, throat and eyes.
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Kapha.
125 mg once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with fresh ginger juice.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous, since it contains Aconitum as ingredient.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause sever poisonous effect.
- This medicine is not suitable during pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Kapha Ketu Rasa ingredients, how to make:
10 g fine powder of each of
Tankana Bhasma – Borax
Magadhi – Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
Shankha Bhasma – Bhasma of Conch Shell
Shuddha Vatsanabha – Purified Aconitum ferox
Fresh ginger juice extract – Quantity Sufficient.
Fine power of above ingredient is ground with juice extract, made into paste and pills are prepared.
Reference and Manufacturers
Rasendrasarasangraha Kapharoga Chikitsa 30 – 32
Manufacturers: Dabur, Baidyanath, Shree Dhootapapeshwar Ltd, Zandu
Three years from the date of manufacturing.