Ichhabhedi Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It is used in the treatment of ascites, constipation and bloating. This medicine contains heavy metal ingredient, hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- It is used in the treatment of ascites, constipation and bloating.
- It is used to induce purgation.
- It is used in Ayurvedic panchakarma treatment called Virechana.
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Pitta and Kapha.
250 mg before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with cold water. Till the time patient drinks cold water, there will be purgation.
After taking this medicine, patient is advised to take rice with buttermilk.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous, since it contains Mercury as ingredient.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause sever poisonous effect and diarrhoea.
- This medicine is not suitable during pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Ichhabhedi Ras ingredients, how to make:
10 g fine powder of each of
Shunti – Ginger Rhizome – Zingiber officinalis
Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
Shuddha Parada – Herbal purified Mercury
Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur
Tankana Bhasma – Borax
Shuddha Jayapala – Croton tiglium – 30 g
Fine power of above ingredient is ground with the juice extract, made into paste and pills are prepared.
Reference and Manufacturers
Bheshaj Ratnavali Udara Rogadhikara 13 – 105
Manufacturers: Dabur, Baidyanath, Shree Dhootapapeshwar Ltd, Zandu