Makardhwaj Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine, with herbal and mineral ingredients, in powder / tablet form. It is used in Ayurvedic anti aging and aphrodisiac treatment. This medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
- It is used to improve strength of heart.
- It is used in anti ageing and aphrodisiac treatment.
- It helps to relieve fever, dyspepsia.
- It helps to improve immunity.
Effect on Tridosha – Balance Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
(125 mg)1 – 2 tablets once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
It is traditionally administered along with Betel leaf, milk and honey.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- It is to be avoided in children and pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Overdosage may cause many side effects including gastritis.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Shuddha Swarna – Purified gold leaves – 12 g
Shuddha Parada – Herbal purified Mercury – 96 g
Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur – 288 g
Karpasa – Cotton – Gossypium herbaceum – juice extract – Quantity Sufficient.
Kumari – Aloe vera – juice – Quantity Sufficient.
First purified Mercury and gold leaves are triturated together. Then purified sulphur is added to it, ground carefully. Later the juice extracts are added, triturated till dryness. This is further processed in Kupipakwa method. To obtain Makaradhwaja.
Reference and Manufacturers
Bhaisajya Ratnavali, Vajikarana Adhikara 237 – 246
Dhootapapeshwar, Dabur, Baidyanath and Kottakkal are a few good companies manufacturing this product.
Kottakkal manufactures this in capsule form.
Proprietary Ayurvedic medicine with Makardhwaj as ingredient:
Dathupushti Leha – used for improving strength and immunity.
Diabnil Capsule – Manufactured by Prabhat Pharmaceuticals, used for the treatment of diabetes.