Raja Pravartini Vati Benefits, Dosage, Ingredients And Side Effects

Raja Pravartini Vati is a tablet, used in Ayurvedic treatment of primary and secondary amenorrhea and scanty bleeding. This medicine should only be taken under medical supervision.

Benefits

Raja Pravartini Vati tablet uses:
This tablet is primarily used for inducing menstruation.
It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of scanty bleeding and amenorrhea.

It is useful in premature menopause. Some women attain menopause before the age of 40 but still would like to continue menstruation with the desire of conception. In such women, Raja Pravartini vati is usually advised 1 tablet 2 times a day for a period of 4 – 6 weeks.

Effect on Tridosha – balances Vata and Pitta.

Dose

Rajah Pravartini Vati dosage:

(125 – 250 mg) 1 – 2 tablets once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is usually given starting from fourth week of menstrual cycle till onset of menstruation. The medicine should be stopped soon after onset of menstruation, or after 2 – 3 days after.

How long to use?
It can be used for a period of  3- 6 months.

With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.

Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.

With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.

Side Effects

Over dosage may cause severe menstrual bleeding.
Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in cool dry place.

Contents

Rajah Pravartini Vati tablet ingredients, how to make:
10 g fine powder of each of
Kanya – Aloe vera
Kaseesa – Purified Blue Vitriole
Tankana – Borax
Ramatha – Asa foetida
The fine powder is triturated with aloe vera juice, paste is prepared and tablets are made, dried and preserved

Can I get pregnant while taking this medicine?
This medicine is used in the treatment of female infertility, to regularize menstrual cycles. So, there are good chances of pregnancy while taking this medicine.
Some confuse Raj pravartini bati as a contraceptive pill. This does not work as a contraceptive pill or as an abortion inducing pill.

Reference and Manufacturers

Bhaishajya Ratnavali Stri Rogadhikara 233 – 235

Manufacturers: Dabur, Baidyanath

Expiry date

Two years from the date of manufacture. Once after opening the container, it is better to empty it before an year.

After taking Raja pravartini vati during periods, bleeding is not stopping what to do?
This medicine is administered to induce periods or to increase menstrual blood quantity, as in case of oligomenorrhoea (less menstrual flow).
If the bleeding is not stopping after consuming this, the Raj Pravartani Bati should be immediately stopped and doctor should be immediately consulted.
Usually Ashokarishta in a dose of 20 ml, mixed with 20 ml of water, twice a day should be administered till the bleeding stops.

Can it be taken during periods?
Usually, it is advised for a few days before periods and stopped after the onset of periods. If the menstrual flow is low, only then it is continued even during periods.
In some cases of long term menstrual irregularity disorders, it is advised continuously for several months, including menstruation period.

165 thoughts on “Raja Pravartini Vati Benefits, Dosage, Ingredients And Side Effects”

1. Hi, you need to stop it after periods start. You need to start it after 20 days after periods. So you will be taking for around 10 – 12 days, ahead of periods. Hope I am clear.

2. It is used in cases where there is delay in periods or absence of menses. It is used to induce menstruation. Hence, if you have delayed periods, your doctor is correct in advising this medicine for you. Please go ahead.

3. My last period date is 19 today is my 31st day but I have no period.my days are gone. up

Why and what should I do to become a period.. .

4. rajapravartini vati is used to regularize menstruation. but as your age is 48 and you are in peri menopausal period you may need some other medicines to calm down your mind which is unhappy and regularize hormone imbalance. please consult your near by Ayurveda doctor and get treated.

5. I got my last period on 17th August. Now it’s 16th October and I haven’t got my periods. My ayurvedic doctor has suggested to take 2tabs twice a day. Is the dosage fine? In how many days Will I get my periods.

6. My last period date was 7th oct.Till yet it didn’t came. I tested beta HCG test andurine test for both result are negative. Previous to this, I was always having period on time.My cycle was of 28-30 days. Kindly guide me.

7. periods will set up by its own once the body get adjusted to hormone changes, there is no need to take medicines for that. if at all you had been tied tight cloth around your tummy and back after delivery for about 3 months then you could have been with no such tummy. now you can go with abdominal exercises to reduce your tummy.

8. Sir, Kaseesa is Green vitreol, Ferrous Sulphate and not Cupric sulphate as you have mentioned in your above article.
    Regards,
    Dr. Aruna

9. the dose you have to confirm it again with your doctor. and for hypothyroidism with pcos induced menstruation delay rajapravartini vati is only not sufficient. there are lot more medicines for such conditions.

10. hello Doctor,

I was having irregular periods ,one of my friend suggested to take these tablets ,I took 2 tablets twice a day for 5 days After taing this medicine i got my periods in 2 days it continued for 8 days then it stopped after 8 days again it started ,Kindly give me advice what is to be done ???

11. Добрый день! Подскажите доктор как пить эти таблетки? Я правильно поняла что нужно начать за неделю до менструации? А потом нужно прекратить пока идут месячные? А когда снова начинать? Спасибо!

• Этот планшет начинается с 21-й день менструального цикла и продолжалось до свертываемости крови начинается. После того, как кровотечение начинается, это лекарство останавливается. и снова начал с 21-го дня следующего цикла.

12. I have regular periods b/w 28 to 32 days since my menarche.since 2 cycles it is a bit disturbes.i had on dec 12 then on jan 19 n this month february i had no periods.i took urine n blood pregnancy test n it was negative n i took tft n showed subclinical hypothyroidism (t3 t4 normal tsh 8)can u take rajapravarthini 2-2-2 daily for 5 days to induce menstruation as per an ayu dr.?

13. Hi Sir,

I have visited an Ayurveda doctor for migraine, hypothyroid and delayed periods related issues. He has prescribed me some medicines along with Rajah pravartini Vati 1 tablet twice a day daily and to stop only during period days and then start again. Is it ok…as you have said earlier that it should be taken only after 15-20 days of periods.?

14. Sir, Last month I got my periods on 4th and this month I havent got yet. I went to Pathanjali and the doctor asked me to take Raja Pravartini Vati for 5 days. Should I stop taking the medicine after 5 days or continue till i get my periods

• Hello Madam, It is usually given starting from fourth week of menstrual cycle till onset of menstruation. The medicine should be stopped soon after onset of menstruation.

15. Hello Doctor….I’m 28yrs old I have irregular periods earlier I was having a cyst in ovary but now it’s fine by homeopathic treatment but still I’m having a lot of problem of irregular periods & also I’m overweight please Doctor guide me regarding this Ayurvedic medicine whether it will help in regualting periods.
    Thank You.

16. Hello Sir,
    I’ve unexplained infertility. I am given ths Raj parvatani vati along with other set of medicines. Do i have to take this vati before 5 days of my period?

17. Sir, my last periods date is 3rd march 2016. I consult a Dr. And she advice me to do some tests but only during my periods. Now i am still waiting for periods . I have this irregularity problem since 2012. Now i am so worried about it. What shoud i do.. Please suggest some solution. And Is Raj-Parvatini Vati helpful for me.

18. I am diagnosed with PCOS. I have been taking regular ayurvedic treatment from the time I was diagnosed(10 months). I see some improvements in my health condition but unfortunately, I have not been able to bring back my cycles to normal (my regular cycle was 30-40 days before PCOS).

What should be the best way to set my cycles right? I have been using Raja Pravartini vati for quite sometime now(3 weeks).

19. i have taken tablet for abortion my abortion is done but 2 months i didnt got my period .please suggest rajapravartini vati will be helpful for me to make regular period

• Please wait for one more month, and then take Raja pravartini tablet – 1 tablet 2 times a day for 15 days. If the menstruation does not commence still, please consult a doctor directly.

20. om

when we gave raj prabardhani vati , adhokarishtha, dashmularishtha , chandraprava vati kanchnar guggul
    female is too much serious what i can do

• It depends on what condition that you gave? what is the Prakruti of the patient, age, etc. Please send the patient immediately to a nearby Ayurveda center for detailed analysis and treatment.

21. Hello doctor.
    I have breast pain from 2months and my gyne told me its harmonal imbalance.she prescribed M-GLA and PRIMOSA tablets for 3months…. can u tell me pls…
    Rajahpratarvati is beneficial for me in this problem?

22. Hello doctor ! i had my periods on 11th july n then i was supposed to get on 11th aug but didnot get yet.. I did 5 homemade pregnancy test and 5 pregnancy kit tests on 29th aug but all came out negative. Will rajahpravatni tablets help me ? N in how much time should i expect my periods ?

23. Hi, it should have shown its effect within this period. As a last effort, increase the dose to 1 tablet 3 times a day after food, along with Kanchanara guggulu – 2 tablets 2 times a day after food for 10 more days, if still no periods, please consult an Ayurveda doctor directly.

24. I took rajahpravartini vati for 2 days nd my periods started but i just want to know that how is the medicine is to be taken again- is it to be taken from d day periods ends or some other way?? Pls suggest

25. Doc I had PCOD for last 6 yrs but in this June my monograph reports were clear and all cysts disappeared and my periods were coming after every 45 days (scanty flow) but I have missed my periods last 2 months .shall I take this medicine…..

26. I am 42 years unmarried For past three months I have missed periods. Doctor advised me to take stri rasyan vati, rajapravartini vati and asokarishta. One month over taking medicines still period has not come. Any suggestion doctor?

Jayashree

27. Rachna, I am 25 year I am pregnant of one month I don’t want child now because I have a child 6 months may I use rajah pravartini vati pls tell me

28. Hi i am 33yrs 4 mths ovr stil i dnt get mensen and frm 3 to 4 dys lgt blnd we shwn so mny dct no use i am vey mch worried plz tel ne suggesion wat to do 10yrs ovr stil i dnt hve chldrn ….. reply urgent…..

29. Hi, the overall combination is good to continue for next 4 months time.
    Try Raja Pravartini vati – 2-0-2 for 10 more days. If still menstruation is not inititaed, for this month’s cycle, you will need to rely on allopathic medicines.

30. My name is suchithra sir i have a quistion allopathic and homiopathic both are same or different please suggest me a good allopathic doctor at kundapur taluk udupi dist.

31. I needed to prepone my periods by a week so I have been prescribed Rajpravartini vati – 2 -2 tablets daily before lunch and dinner. But I have taken only 1-1 tablet before lunch and dinner. Had it for 5 days. Still haven’t got my periods. Should I start taking 2-2? And till how long should I continue?

32. Hi ,My periods are always regular with cycle of 28 days.But I am still not able to conceive..We are trying from last 3 months.One friend suggested me baidyanath raj parivartan 2 tablets each after breakfast,lunch and dinner.
    Is it safe to have this tablet?Any side effects?

33. Hi! I am 23 yrs old.I have been using rajahpravatani for my 4 cycles. I generally take 2-2 tablets twice a day for some 18-20 days Nd stop after onset of the cycle. But this time Its been 30 days that m taking the medicine but have not got my period yet. Should I continue taking this medicine? I have not experienced any health problems that can be called as side effects of the medicines.