Gorochanadi Gulika – Benefits, Dosage, Ingredients And Side Effects

Gorochanadi Gulika is a tablet, used in Ayurvedic treatment of fever, pneumonia, cough, cold etc. It contains non veg and heavy metal ingredients. This product is formulated based on Kerala Ayurveda principle.

Uses

Gorochanadi Gulika benefits: It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of fever, pneumonia, cough, cold, bronchitis, asthma, diseases of throat, tonsillitis, chronic fever.
It is also used in treating digestive disorders such as bloating, hyperacidity, gastritis and low digestion strength.

It is also used in treatment of memory loss, impaired hearing, vision problem.
This is also good in children’s ailments.

Effect on Tridosha – balances Vata and Kapha and improves Pitta

Dose

Gorochanadi Gulika dosage: 125 mg pills – 1 – 2 tablets 1 – 2 times a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is usually administered along with Tulasi (Holy Basil) juice, Betel leaf juice or ginger juice extract.

It may also be taken in cumin seed or other suitable decoction or purified breast milk.

With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.

Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.

With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.

Side Effects

It contains heavy metal ingredient.
It is best to avoid during pregnancy, lactation and in children. It is best to be avoided by people who are strictly on vegetarianism.
Over-dosage may cause slight burning sensation in abdomen. Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in cool dry place.

Contents

Gorochanadi tablet ingredients, how to make:
10 g of each of
Mayakka
Shatapushpa – Indian Dill (fruit) 0 Anethum sowa / Peucedanum graveolens
Ajaji – Cumin – Cuminum cyminum
Musta – Nut grass (root) – Cyperus rotundus
Krishajiraka – Nigella sativa
Ambara
Ardraka – Ginger (rhizome) – Zingiber officinalis – juice extract – quantity sufficient.

Reference and Manufacturers

Vaidyayoga Ratnavali Gutika prakarana – 77, AFI vol. I

Manufacturers: AVN, Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala, Nagarjuna – Gorochanaadi Gulika

Expiry date

Five years from the date of manufacture. Once after opening the container, it is better to empty it before an year.

46 thoughts on “Gorochanadi Gulika – Benefits, Dosage, Ingredients And Side Effects”

1. Hello doctor,

I am curious regarding how the Gorochana will be taken from the cow. Would the cow be specifically slaughtered for this purpose or is it taken from dead cows?

2. A Sr. Ayurvedic doctor prescribed this for High BP (as even with Serpandi gulika BP remains high). Has he made some error in medicine as you have not mentioned that benefit in this page

3. Hello doctor

i have been prescribed gorochanadi tablet by AVS doctor in delhi for liver functions . I wish to ask is this tablet effective in liver functions.

4. I have weak digestion. I have been asked to take 2 gorochanad tablets and 2 Livokot tablets each before food two times a day. Is the dosage and taking before food okay

5. though it is indicated in children, dose must be decided after thorough physical examination. online advice for such a small kid is not good. please consult an Ayurveda doctor for the same.

6. I am aged about 54 and have Osteo arthritis of both knees. Doctor has prescribed gorochanadi once after food ie after dinner and one tablet (chandra prabha ).As soon as I take the medicine I am getting back pain which intensifies as night progresses. Should I stop taking the medicines. I am also hypothroid.

7. Dear Dr.,

My Kottakal Doctor prescribed this medicine and when I hesitated to take due to non-veg contents, he clarified that Kottakal is not using any non vegetarian items listed above by you and now since this is pure herbs based, the dosage is doubled…

Wanted confirmation from your end…

8. Doctor said to me use 60 ml 2 time in a day mixture of khadiraristam and tables of gorochanadi gulika and mahatiktam kashyam .is it useful ? Getting stomach issues

9. I have itching sensation down the anus with slight burning feeling after I pass stools. Motion is normal. Can you please advise so that I can cure it completely.

10. Sir, AVS doctor gave gorochanadi gulika 1 tab twice daily along with other medicines. Since it contains lead ,I do not want to take it . What is the toxic effect of this medicine on human body? Is there any result published in toxicological magazines? Since lead is responsible for failure of liver , kidney, what should I do?

• Hi Dr.Vyas here, as i saw dr hebber has mentioned,about heavy meat aspect , which is incorrect and half information conveyed in the educational part which is leading confusion to you.

11. For medical references can u pls send me details of therapeutical uses,formulations,chemical constituents,substituents/adultrants,synonyms of gorochana??????

12. I have stomach upset, acid reflux, GERD and H Phylori bacteria. Doctor prescribed me Gorochanadi gulika along with other khashayam. What is the real exact benefit of this gulika.

13. Hi, because the child is too young, my online advice can be dangerous.
    I request you to kindly consult an Ayurveda doctor directly. (If the child is too tired to go, you may please go and consult a doctor directly).
    If you want my help in finding a good Ayurveda doctor for you, then let me know your place.

14. Hi Sir, My son is developing small warts on his face.Is there any medicine in Ayurvedic to prevent them from going further.

15. My 8.5 months old baby have common cold and fever, can I give him gorochanadi gulika.. Sunday no doctors available in our surrounding…if so dosage pls…