Kamdudha Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine, with herbal and mineral ingredients, in tablet form. It is used in treating gastritis and bleeding diseases. This medicine is used more in North Indian Ayurvedic treatment method and should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
Table of Contents
- It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of Gastritis, diarrhea with blood discharge and diabetes.
- It is used to treat female complaints such as leucorrhea, heavy menstrual bleeding.
It is also known as Kamdudha Rasa plain. This is because, there is another Kamadugha rasa with Mukta bhasma.
Skin disorders with bleeding, secretions, burning sensation (Pitta symptoms).
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Pitta
125 mg – 1 – 2 tablets once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
In female conditions, it is given along with cow milk or rice washed water.
In Pitta imbalance, it is given along with sugar and cow milk.
In diabetes, it is given along with long pepper.
In Bleeding disorders, it is given along with Durva svarasa (Cynodon dactylon)
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- It is to be avoided in children and pregnant ladies.
- Make sure to select this medicine from a good company.
- Overdosage may cause side effects like tremors, dizziness etc.
- Make sure to take this medicine only in the prescribed dose and for the prescribed period of time.
- Amrutha Satwa (Giloya satva) – Water extract of Tinospora cordifolia – 40 grams
- Svarna Gairika – Red ochre – purified – 10 grams
- Abhraka Bhasma – Silica Bhasma – 10 grams
Ayurveda Sara Sangraha, Rasa Rasayana Prakarana, also mentioned in Rasa Yoga Sagara
- Uma Ayurvedic Pharmacy
- Sri Dhootapapeshwar Limited