Panchavalkadi Tailam is an Ayurvedic skincare oil to relieve skin diseases such as eczema and dermatitis. This herbal oil is based on Kerala Ayurveda principle. This is usually prepared in coconut or sesame oil base.
Table of Contents
Panchavalkadi Tailam benefits
It is used to treat eczema, dermatitis, herpes and skin conditions with bleeding, oozing and secretions.
Effect on Tridosha: Balances Pitta and Kapha at the level of skin.
Mode Of Application
How to use Panchavalkadi Keratailam
- It is only used for external application.
- For skin and wounds, it is applied, left for half an hour to an hour and washed off.
- A cotton swab is dipped in the oil and kept over the affected area.
There are no known side effect with this medicine.
In this herbal oil, the herbs are infused in the medium of sesame oil along with herb water decotion. Then the solid waste herb materials are filtered out. Thus, this oil contains oil soluble and water soluble phyto-active principles of medicinal herbs.
Panchavalkadi coconut oil Ingredients:
- Oil of Sesamum indicum / coconut oil
water decoction prepared from
- Vata – Ficus bengalensis Linn
- Aswatta – Ficus religiosa
- Udumbara – Ficus racemosa Linn
- Plaksha – Ficus lacor
- Parisha – Ficus arnottiana – These above five herb barks are together called as Panchavalkala (5 barks) – known for cleansing action)
- Nisha – Turmeric – Curcuma longa
- Gopi – Hemidesmus indicus
Herbal paste made of
- Rambha – Coconut stem -Cocos nucifera
- Kamala – Nelumbum speciosum
- Utpala – Nymphaea stellata
- Madhuka – Licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Twak – Cinnamon – Cinnamomum zeylanicum
- Sevya – Vetiveria zizanioides
- Abhaya – Terminalia chebula
- Chandana – Sandalwood – Santalum album
It is called as Panchavalkadi Kerathailam when it is prepared in coconut oil base
Sahasra yoga – Tailayoga Prakarana 20
Arya Vaidya Pharmacy
Arya Vaidya Sala – Kottakkal,
During pregnancy, lactation
you were using this oil before pregnancy without any allergic reaction, you can
continue using this oil even during pregnancy.
If you have not used this product before and wish to use it during pregnancy, better to consult a doctor because it can cause skin allergy in some rare cases.
It is generally considered as safe to use during lactation, however consult your doctor for the right advice.
this product be applied after steam therapy?
No. Oil is best applied before steam therapy. This is as per basic Ayurvedic principles.