Prasarinyadi Kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine used to treat joint pains and Vata diseases. It is herbal decoction. It is also available in Kashayam tablet form. This medicine is based on Kerala Ayurveda Principle.
Prasarinyadi kashayam benefits:
- It is mainly used in Ayurvedic treatment of joint pain, musculoskeletal problems.
- It is traditionally used in treating frozen shoulder and cervical spondylosis, headache.
- Pain and stiffness of lower back associated with lumbar spondylosis (sciatica).
- Tennis elbow, muscle and ligament tear.
- Traditional indication – Vata disorders and Apabahuka – neuro-muscular afflictions of upper limb
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Vata
This medicine is also known as Prasarinyadi Kwatham
There are no known side effects of this medicine.
Prasaranyadi kashayam dosage:
- 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is should be taken along with 10 – 20 ml of milk.
- If the kashayam is concentrated, then it needs to be mixed with equal quantity of water and should be taken.
- This is also available in Kashayam tablet form. Dose of Kashayam tablet is 2 tablet 2 times a day before food with milk.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
Prasarinyadi kashayam ingredients:
Herbal decoction is prepared from 10 grams of each of
Prasarini – Merremia tridentata
Masha – Black gram – Vigna mundo
Bala – Sida cordifolia
Rasona – Garlic – Alium cepa
Rasna – Alpinia galanga
Oushadha – Ginger – Zingiber officinalis
- AVN Ayurveda Formulations Pvt Ltd also manufactures it in Kashayam tablet form.
- Nagarjuna – Prasaaranyaadi Kashaayam, Prasaaranyaadi Kashaayam Tablet.
Reference: Sahasrayoga, kashaya prakarana, Vatahara Kashaya 59.
Shloka- Sanskrit verse
प्रसारिणीमाषाबलारसोन रास्नौषधै: प्रक्वथितं तदम्भ: ।
पिबन्ति ये क्षीरभुजो जयन्ति मरुद्विकारानपबाहुकं च ॥
prasāriṇīmāṣābalārasona rāsnauṣadhai: prakvathitaṃ tadambha: |
pibanti ye kṣīrabhujo jayanti marudvikārānapabāhukaṃ ca ||