Ashotone Tablet is a proprietary Ayurvedic medicine manufactured by Solumiks Pharmaceuticals. It is a uterine tonic, useful in menorrhagia – shortened menstrual cycle and heavy periods.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Ashotone Tablet:
- Possesses potent hemostyptic effect & controls excessive bleeding.
- Regularizes menstrual cycle.
- Relieves associated symptoms like stress, anxiety & debility.
- Non-hormonal & safe.
Ingredients of Ashotone Tablet:
Each coated tablet contains extracts of –
- Ashoka [Saraca indica] – 1000 mg
- Lodhra [Symplocos racemosa] – 600 mg
- Ashwagandha [Withania somnifera] – 300 mg
- Shatavari [Asperagus racemosus] – 300 mg
- Gokshura [Tribulus terrestris] – 300 mg
- Rasna [Pluchea lanceolata] – 300 mg
- Daruharidra [Berberis aristata] – 300 mg
- Haritaki [Terminalia chebula] – 300 mg
- Sariva [Hemidesmus indicus] – 300 mg
- Chandana [Santalum album] – 200 mg – Sandalwood is a coolant, very useful in gastritis, burning sensation in hands and feet. It is also a good ingredient to include in your juice mixes, in small amounts, of course.
- Pippali [Piper longum] – 100 mg
- Katuki [Picrorrhiza kurroa] – 20 mg
- Kapikacchu [Mucuna puriens] – 20 mg
- Kasisa bhasma – 20 mg
- Pravala pisti – 15 mg – Praval Pishti is an Ayurvedic medicine, prepared from Coral. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of cough, cold, Pitta related diseases etc. This medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision.
Indication of Ashotone Tablet:
Dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
Menstruation once in 3 weeks of time.
Bleeding for more than 5 days during me
Dosage of Ashotone Tablet:
1 tablet thrice a day for 3 consecutive cycles, or as directed by your Ayurvedic doctor.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
Side effects, package, shelf life
Side effects of Ashotone Tablet:
This product is not suitable for people with diabetes, since it contains sugar.
There are no recorded side effects with this medicine.
It is not suitable for patients with delayed periods patients or patients with less bleeding.
Store in a cool dry place, in an air tight container, away from direct sunlight.
Keep out of reach and sight of children.
Presentation & Package: Blister pack of 30 tablets.
Shelf life or expiration date: 3 years from the date of manufacture.
this medicine habit forming? Does it create dependence? Can we stop it after a
few months of usage?
This medicine is not habit forming. After using for the prescribed period, your doctor would gradually decrease the dose and eventually stop it. Follow your doctor’s instructions for gradual decrease of dose and stopping. Usually it does not cause any ill effects.