Selip syrup & tablet cures anal fistula and stops bleeding in piles. Reduces post-surgery recurrence of piles. It is an Ayurvedic proprietary medicine manufactured by Bipha Drugs Laboratories, Kottayam.
Uses of Selip Syrup & Tablet:
- Stops bleeding in piles.
- Relieves itching and pain from piles.
- Deflates pile masses effectively.
- Regular therapy prevents recurrence of piles.
- Reduces post-surgery recurrence of piles.
- Relieves constipation and correct bowel movement.
- Indicated in haemorrhoids, fistula, apache, granthi etc., prolapse of the rectum, bleeding piles, acute and chronic cases of bleeding and non-bleeding piles.
Ingredients & Composition of Selip Syrup & Tablet:
- Vanasurana (Amorphophallus campanulata)- 48 mg- used in piles, restorative in dyspepsia and debility.
- Trivrith (Ipomea terpenthum)- 24 mg- in Ayurveda it is katu vipaka, ushna veerya and purgative. It is useful in krimi, jwara and arshoroga.
- Guggulu (Commiphora mukul)- 125 mg- is saara, deepana, ruksham and effective in arshoroga, apache and granthi.
- Lajjalu (Mimosa pudica)- 24 mg- is resolvent, carminative and is given in case of piles and fistula.
- Gojihva (Elephantapus scaber)- 48 mg- mucilagenous, alterative and aperient.
- Daruharidra (Berberis aristata)- 24 mg- anti-haemorrhoidal- local/iternal application. Application in bleeding piles, abbressions, ulcerations and sores of the skin.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)- 48 mg- laxative, alterative,astringent and blood purifier.
Syrup base of pleasant flavor in Selip syrup.
- Adults- 15 ml at bed time or as directed by the physician.
- Children- half the adult dose.
- Adults- 2 tablets twice daily before meals or as prescribed by the physician.
- Children- 1 tablet twice daily before meals or as prescribed by the physician.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
Package, shelf life, side effects
Presentation & Storage:
- Bottle of 200 ml.
- Should be stored in a dry and cool place.
- Bottle of 90 tablets.
- Should be storwed in a cool and dry place.
- Selip syrup- 3 years from the date of manufacture.
- Selip tablet- 5 years from the date of manufacture.
Side effects of Selip Syrup & Tablet:
- There are no recorded side effects with this medicine.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are diabetic. In diabetic patients, only if the blood sugar is under good control, then this medicine can be given.