Chaturmukha Rasa is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It is used in the treatment of asthma, anemia, diabetes etc. This medicine contains heavy metal ingredients, hence should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- It is a good anti aging medicine.
- It improves digestion power, relieves anemia, diabetes, asthma, abdominal colic, anorexia, hiccups, dyspepsia, epilepsy, gout, herpes, abscess, psychotic disorders and hemorrhoids.
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Vata and Pitta.
125 mg once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with honey and Triphala powder.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous, since it contains Aconitum as ingredient.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause sever poisonous effect.
- It is best avoided in pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Chaturmukha Rasa ingredients, how to make:
10 g fine powder of each of
Shuddha Parada – Herbal purified Mercury
Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur
Loha Bhasma – Bhasma prepared from Iron
Abhraka Bhasma – Purified and processed Mica
Kumari – Aloe vera – juice extract – quantity sufficient.
Eranda – Castor – Ricinus communis – leaves
Fine power of above ingredient is ground with juice extract or decoction, made into paste and pills are prepared. Kept in castor leaves for drying in three days.
Reference and Manufacturers
Bhaishaj Ratnavali Vatavyadhi Rogadhikara 464 – 468
Manfuacturers: Dabur, Dindayal Industries Ltd., Uma Ayurvedics Pvt. Ltd, Impcops