Ashwa Kanchuki Rasa is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form. It is used in the treatment of cold, asthma, bronchitis, etc. This medicine contains heavy metal ingredient.
- It is used in the treatment of cold, cough, bronchitis, asthma, fever.
- It is also used as co prescription with other medicines in different conditions. It acts as a catalyst.
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Vata and Kapha.
125 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is usually administered along with honey, fresh ginger juice, betel leaf juice.
How long to take?
This medicine can be safely taken for a period of upto 2-4 months.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous, since it contains Mercury as ingredient.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Over-dosage may cause sever poisonous effect.
- This medicine is not suitable during pregnancy, lactation and in children.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Aswa Kanchuki Ras ingredients, how to make:
10 g fine power of each of
Shuddha Parada – Herbal purified Mercury
Tankana Bhasma – Borax
Shuddha Gandhaka – Herbal purified Sulphur
Vatsanabha – Purified Aconitum ferox
Shunti – Ginger Rhizome – Zingiber officinalis
Maricha – Black pepper – Piper nigrum
Pippali – Long pepper fruit – Piper longum
Haritaki – Chebulic Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia chebula
Vibhitaki – Belliric Myrobalan fruit rind – Terminalia bellirica
Amalaki – Indian gooseberry fruit – Emblica officinalis Gaertn.
Shuddha Haratala Purified and processed Orpiment (Arsenic tri sulphide)
Shuddha Jayapala – Croton tiglium
Juice extract of Bhringaraja – Eclipta alba – Quantity Sufficient.
Fine power of above ingredient is ground with the juice extract, made into paste and pills are prepared.
Ras Yog Sagar 266/1065 – 1067