Rajat Bhasma is an Ayurvedic medicine prepared from Silver. It is used in Ayurvedic treatment of memory loss, dizziness, excessive thirst, diabetes etc. This medicine should only be taken strictly under medical supervision. It is known as Roupya Bhasma, Chandi Bhasma in Hindi.
- It is astringent, sweet – sour in nature and taste. It is natural coolant.
- It has scraping quality, hence useful in cardio-vascular diseases.
- It improves skin complexion, digestion power, body strength and immunity, intelligence.
- It is an excellent rejuvenative, anti-aging medicine.
- It relieves burning sensation, used in treating memory loss, dizziness, excessive thirst, diabetes, Cachexia, Tissue wasting, Urinary disorders associated with decreased urine volume, Alcoholism, Poisoning, Fever, Uterine disorder, Epilepsy
- It is natural coolant.
- It relieves burning sensation.
- This is useful in menorrhagia and vomiting blood and is prescribed in vomiting and diarrhea due to nervous excitement.
- Useful in parkinson’s disease, tremors, mania and depression.
- Useful in bipolar disorder
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Vata, Pitta and kapha.
Chemical composition: Silver – Ag
125 mg once or twice a day before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor. It is traditionally administered along with Chitraka Mula Kashaya (lead wort), Parpataka Kashaya, Ushiraa Kashaya, Brahmi juice extract, Honey etc, based on disease treated.
Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala makes this in capsule form. Each capsule contains 100 miligrams of Raupya Bhasma. So, dose is 1 capsule once or twice a day, before or after food or as directed by doctor.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- Over-dosage may cause severe side effects.
- Take this medicine in precise dose and for limited period of time, as advised by doctor.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children. Store in a dry cool place.
Rajatha Bhasma preparation, ingredients, how to make:
Purified Silver pieces are made into fine powder by grinding, it is added with Swarna Makshika Bhasma (Copper Iron Pyrite), ground with Arka latex (Calotropis procera), heated in absence of air in 400 – 500 degree Celsius, for 2 – 3 hours. This process is repeated for three times.
Reference and Manufacturers
Reference:Ras Tarangini 16/37 – 40
Research article: Standard manufacturing procedure
Manufacturers Uma Ayurvedics pvt. Ltd. Dabur, Divya Pharmacy, Shree Dhootapapeshwar Ltd.
Packaging: Arya Vaidya Sala – Blister pack of 10 capsules.
Uma Ayurvedics pvt. Ltd. Dabur, Divya Pharmacy, Shree Dhootapapeshwar Ltd.
Jaymangal Ras – Jaimangal Ras is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet form, used in the treatment of chronic fever.
Vasant Kusumakar Ras – It is an Ayurvedic medicine in tablet or powder form, used in treatment of diabetes, diseases related to urinary tract, memory loss etc.
Proprietary Ayurvedic medicines with Chandi Bhasma as ingredient:
Dermonim Tablet – Manufactured by Imis Pharmaceuticals. It is used in the treatment of pigmentation disorders of the skin.