Khadiradi kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine used to treat worm infestations like intestinal worms and infected wounds. It is an herbal decoction preparation, formulated based on Kerala Ayurveda Practice.
Khadiradi kashayam benefits:
- It is used to treat intestinal worm infestation
- It cleanses blood and improves skin quality and useful in skin diseases.
- It cleanses and heals wounds quickly.
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Pitta and Kapha
There are no known side effects of this medicine.
A very high dose may cause loose motion
Khadiradi kashaya dosage:
- 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- Traditionally this Kashayam is given along with a spoon of cow urine.
- If the kashayam is concentrated, then it needs to be mixed with equal quantity of water and should be taken.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
Khadiradi kashayam ingredients:
Herbal decoction is prepared from 10 grams of each of
Khadira – Acacia catechu
Kutaja – Holarrhena antidysenterica
Pichumarda – Azadirachta indica
Vacha – Acorus calamus
Trikatu – Pepper, long pepper and ginger
- Haritaki – Terminalia chebula
- Vibhitaki – Terminalia bellirica
- Amalaki – Emblica officinalis
Trivrit – Operculina turpethum
Manufacturer and Reference
Reference: Sahasrayoga parishishta prakarana 97
Shloka- Sanskrit verse
खदिर: कुटज: पिचुमर्द वचा त्रिकटु त्रिफला त्रिवृतासहितम् ।
पशुमूत्रयुतं पिबसप्तदिनं क्रिमिकोटिशतान्यपि हन्त्यचिरात् ॥
khadira: kuṭaja: picumarda vacā trikaṭu triphalā trivṛtāsahitam |
paśumūtrayutaṃ pibasaptadinaṃ krimikoṭiśatānyapi hantyacirāt ||