Pathyaksha Dhatryadi Kashayam is an Ayurvedic medicine used to treat headache of various causes. It is herbal decoction. It is also available in Kashayam tablet form.
Pathyaksha Dhatryadi kashayam benefits:
- It is mainly used in Ayurvedic treatment of headache, pain in forehead, temporal region, migraine.
- It is also effective in pain associated with tooth extraction.
- It improves eye sight and useful in eye diseases and vision problems.
Effect on Tridosha – Balances Pitta and Vata
Mode Of Action
Probable mode of action in headache:
Turmeric is an excellent anti inflammatory herb.
Triphala – helps in Kapha and Pitta balancing and also in Vata anulomana. It is generally advised for almost all diseases of head and eyes.
Nimba, Bhunimba and Guduchi decrease aggravated Pitta. Very useful in migraine with gastric symptoms.
There are no known side effects of this medicine.
People with diabetes should take this medicine under strict medical supervision.
It is best to avoid this medicine during pregnancy.
Pathyaksha Dhatryadi kashayam dosage:
- 5 – 10 ml, before food, or on empty stomach, once or twice a day or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is should be taken along with a gram of jaggery.
- If the kashayam is concentrated, then it needs to be mixed with equal quantity of water and should be taken.
- This is also available in Kashayam tablet form. Dose of Kashayam tablet is 2 tablet 2 times a day before food with jaggery.
With western medicines
Seek your doctor’s advice if you are taking this product along with other western (allopathic/modern) medicines. Some Ayurvedic herbs can interact with modern medicine.
If both Ayurvedic and allopathic medicines are advised together, then it is best to take allopathic medicine first, wait for 30 minutes and then, after a gap of 15 – 30 minutes, take Ayurvedic medicine or as directed by the physician.
Can this be used while taking Homeopathic medicine?
Yes. This product does not react with homeopathic medicine.
With supplements like multivitamin tablets, Omega 3 fatty acids etc?
Yes. Generally, this product goes well with most of the dietary supplements. However, if you are taking more than one product per day, please consult your doctor for an opinion.
Pathyaksha Dhatryadi kashayam ingredients:
Herbal decoction is prepared from 10 grams of each of
Pathya – Terminalia chebula
Aksha – Terminalia bellirica
Dhatri – Amla – Emblica officinalis
Bhunimba – Andrographis paniculata
Nisha – Turmeric – Curcuma longa
Nimba – Neem – Azadirachta indica
Amruta – Tinospora cordifolia
Manufacturer and Reference
- AVN Ayurveda Formulations Pvt Ltd also manufactures it in Kashayam tablet form.
- Nagarjuna – Patthyaaksha Dhaathryaadi Kashaayam (Patthya shadangam kashaayam), Patthyaaksha Dhaathryaadi Kashaayam Tablet
Reference: Sharangdhara Samhita Madhyamakhanda 2/143-145
Shloka- Sanskrit Verse
पथ्याक्षधात्री भूनिम्बैर्निशानिम्बामृतायुतै: ॥
कृत: क्वाथ: षडङ्गोऽयं सगुड: शीर्षशूलहृत् ।
भ्रूशङ्खकर्णशूलानि तथार्धशिरसो रुजम् ॥
सूर्यावर्तं शङ्खकं च दन्तपातं च तद्रुजम् ।
नक्तान्ध्यं पटलं शुक्रं चक्षु:पीडां व्यपोहति ॥
pathyākṣadhātrī bhūnimbairniśānimbāmṛtāyutai: ||
kṛta: kvātha: ṣaḍaṅgo’yaṃ saguḍa: śīrṣaśūlahṛt |
bhrūśaṅkhakarṇaśūlāni tathārdhaśiraso rujam ||
sūryāvartaṃ śaṅkhakaṃ ca dantapātaṃ ca tadrujam |
naktāndhyaṃ paṭalaṃ śukraṃ cakṣu:pīḍāṃ vyapohati ||